Job Title: Dishwasher
Position Summary: The Dishwasher works hard behind the scenes to ensure the kitchen area is clean, safe and sanitary at all times. This is essential in delivering a high quality culinary experience for our residents. The dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, pots, etc., using a machine and/or manual cleaning methods. Additionally, this position will sweep kitchen floors, mop stockrooms, and report any hazardous situations in the kitchen to the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director. This position reports to the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director and resides in the Culinary department. Our dishwashers are focused on getting the job done thoroughly and efficiently to meet our resident’s culinary needs. They understand and appreciate the details that ensure a positive mealtime presentation for our residents.
Our Culinary Department provides nourishing and delicious meals that are served in a warm and inviting environment. The department operates with the knowledge that meals and food activities are a crucial part of every residents’ day. Delivering a memorable dining experience for our residents is our top priority.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line or other proper storage areas.
- Wash certain pots, plans, tray, dishes and utensils by hand with specified soap and water directed by the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director.
- Sweep kitchen floors, ensure kitchen floor is sanitized and take trash out.
- Mop stockrooms and report any hazardous situations in the kitchen to the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director.
- Adhere to all sanitation and safety standards.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Culinary Supervisor or Culinary Service Director.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Work Ethic – Places value on hard work and achieving goals. Takes pride in work related activities, tasks and responsibilities. Acts professionally, respectfully, and is dedicated to work. Takes accountability and responsibility for their work and work related tasks.
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently, able to get more done in less time than others while not sacrificing quality. Has the ability to independently prioritize work activities.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Working knowledge of dish cleaning practices and dining etiquette.
- Knowledge of proper food service sanitation techniques.
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred.
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Associates in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is frequently exposed to heat/ cold
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Occasional sitting, with constant walking and standing.