The Dishwasher / Porter position is a part of the Food and Nutrition Services department and is responsible for safeguarding public health and provide to the consumer, food that is safe, unadulterated, nourishing and attractively served. The duties include:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
- Performs a variety of duties related to the receiving, storage and dispensing of food and related dietary supplies.
- Serves on tray line in a starter position.
- Maintains temperature records of dry storage, departmental, and unit refrigerators.
- Assists with the general sanitation and maintenance of the Food Service Department.
- Works within the requirements of regulatory agencies.