Award-winning chef Michael Mina and hospitality veteran Brent Bolthouse bring you their first joint partnership in Southern California with the opening of The Bungalow Kitchen Belmont Shore. The new social dining experience and community clubhouse is set to open at 2nd & PCH, Long Beach in January 2021.
The Bungalow Kitchen will bring a chic and bohemian atmosphere, California Cuisine heavily inspired by local, seasonal ingredients, a classic cocktail program and expansive wine list to this picturesque waterfront destination.
POSTION OVERVIEW: Clean, transport and store all pots, pans, utensils and table ware used in the food and beverage operations in a efficient and proper manner.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture of The Bungalow Kitchen Long Beach and Mina Group.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
- Maintains clean and organized workstations that are cohesive with the restaurant’s philosophy, culture, and standards of excellence.
- Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
- Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Includes but is not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned):
AVERAGE % OF TIME
60 % Clean, sanitize and store properly all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots, and pans in the restaurant.
40 % Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
Other: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings are required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with The Bungalow Kitchen Long Beach and Mina Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action up to, and including, termination of employment.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the restaurant:
- Assist culinary staff during any special request or priorities as requested by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef.
- Assist culinary staff with ensuring that all food preparation areas and equipment is clean and properly sanitized on a daily basis.
- Fulfill the required daily cleaning of the kitchen and equipment after hours.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Basic knowledge and awareness of the proper handling procedures for all items used at The Bungalow Kitchen Long Beach.
- Further duties are not currently listed in the outline and may be added at the manager’s discretion.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by the building environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 30 lbs., including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or food items on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the building in a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per the Company standards.
- No prior experience required. Prior restaurant or hospitality experience preferred.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, guests, and hourly staff.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
The Mina Group and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers dedicated to non-discrimination in employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of AB 1008, California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and all other local, state and federal laws.