Performs dishwashing duties, box recycling, salad assembly and miscellaneous cleaning duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Transfers dish boxes and trays from employee break room to dish area.
2. Prepares dishes, utensils, pots and pans from dining room and employee break room by scraping/soaking and stacking for dishwasher.
3. Operates automatic dishwasher.
4. Assembles salads as assigned.
5. Maintains order of box room and maintains clear aisle ways by chemical storage by taking boxes to box crusher and preparing for recycling pick-up.
6. Cleans bus carts, ventilation hoods and grills.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Follows department rules and procedures. Follows all established safety rules. Notifies supervisor of any safety hazards.
9. Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Completes daily duties as scheduled and completes non-scheduled duties as time allows.
10. Maintains appropriate hygiene and uniform.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May serve as a representative for department on the safety committee or other committees
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education. No prior experience or training necessary. Must be 18 years old to operate box crusher. Food handlers certificate preferred, but not required.
IDENTIFIED SAFETY HAZARDS:
Frequent use of body to reach/twist and carry, push/pull and lift. Frequent use of hands and arms to grasp, pinch or squeeze. Reaching and twisting are under worker control. Requires good body mechanics. To lesser degree, is exposed to same environmental and work hazards as kitchen staff. Works in hot, humid environment. Works with equipment with moving parts, exposure to sharp objects, steam pots, hot ovens, surfaces or liquids. Required to bend and lift supplies. Uses arms and hands constantly, some repetitive motions for limited periods of shift. Exposed to wet floors.