The Dishwasher is the backbone of Alamo Drafthouse operations and is responsible for providing all guests and team members with clean, sanitized utensils, dishes, glassware and equipment while maintaining clean, well maintained facilities.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that ALL GUESTS have an AWESOME EXPERIENCE, and are EXCITED to come back.
- Provides Guests and team members with clean sanitized and spot-free utensils plate-ware, glassware and equipment.
- Washes plate-ware, glassware, silverware and posts/pans and kitchen utensils adhering to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Keeps the kitchen clean by sweeping and mopping floors and emptying trash as needed.
- Sets up dish machine in the AM and closes down the dish machine in the PM according to proper procedures.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Maintains clean and safe exterior of building. Communicates facility concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Trouble-shoots dishwasher machine malfunctions.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Completes assigned prep work and beautification duties.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to stands for 100% of shift.
- Able to frequently bend and stoop.
- Able to lift and carry weights of up to 70lbs up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and freezer.
WORKING CONDITIONS; Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Works indoors 75%, outdoors 25%
- Works frequently in hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water of varying temperature.
- Frequently immerses hands in water diluted with chemical solutions.
- Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
- Frequently works with hot plates.
HAZARDS: Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards. Work performed in the restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.
Alamo Drafthouse is passionate and dedicated to ensuring our company's mission and core values, every day, 365 days a year. Part of that is by training to and enforcing Alamo Drafthouse's Code of Conduct with all staff and vendors.
Ensure every guest has an Awesome Experience and is excited to come back.
OUR CORE VALUES
Do the Right Thing
We strive to be a force for good and stand up for our beliefs in our company, in our industry, and in the world.
We apply our values inside and outside our four walls, creating neighborhood theaters that are deeply tied to the local community.
Give a Sh!t
We take pride in our work because we know it makes all the difference to our guests and teammates.
Like the crew of a certain Starship, we seek out new experiences and pursue innovation in all of our work.