|Requisition Number||Kennedy School 20-0038|
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
The primary responsibility of the dishwasher is to clean and put away all dishes. Duties include but are not limited to the following: washing dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, glassware, pitchers, cups, and any other dishware; putting items away in designated areas; prioritizing duties by restaurant need and manager communication, closing down work space; maintaining a clean and orderly work space; and other cleaning & maintenance projects as assigned. The dishwasher is also responsible for waste disposal including taking out the garbage and recycling appropriate materials. Each dishwasher is responsible for the organization and cleaning of their work area. Being a dishwasher can be hard physical work and also requires the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. A dishwasher must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
• Obtain and maintain current food handlers card
• Ability to accurately work with numbers, orders and food specs
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
• Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays required
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Efficient cleaning of all dishes and kitchen equipment
• Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
• Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking and standing, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions
• Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
• Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, and use of kitchen equipment
• Work with and around sharp objects including knives & slicers
• Ability to communicate clearly & be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
• Work around various heat sources including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
• Work with chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing
• Provide customer service to guests as necessary
• Complete additional side work as directed by manager
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION