Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Dishwasher/Prep – Posting # 20814
Sea Mar Community Health Center is opening a brand new Geriatric Program in Seattle. We are looking for qualified candidates to provide high quality customer service while performing a variety of tasks which may include washing dishes, pot and pans; prepping/serving food; delivering meals to the dining room, clean-up, etc. This position is full-time and offers benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washes, dries and stores all cooking implements, including pots and pans as well as dishes utilized by Residents.
- Monitors for proper operation of dishwashing equipment.
- Monitors and records water temperatures daily.
- Assists cooks as necessary in production of meals; serves food to residents in accordance with established time schedules.
- Performs and monitors all facility kitchen procedures in conformance with facility safety and infection control policies.
- Cleans and sanitizes dining room tables and other work areas which may include oven, counter tops, shelving, walls, ceiling, etc.
- Performs other routine cleaning tasks as necessary.
- Works on the resident tray-line as needed.
- Collects trash and breaks down boxes and transports them to the dumpster.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in organizational activities/functions.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of moving and lifting techniques is preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year kitchen experience in an institutional setting is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Training in Food Safety and Sanitation is preferred.
- Food Handlers Permit.
- Must complete a pre-hire and annual TB test screening.
- Annual employee health screening required
- Annual TB test required
- Annual influenza vaccine required. Only exception is for employees with a medical or religious exemption approved by Administration. Employees with an approved medical or religious exemption must wear a mask at all times during the flu season.
- Typical institutional food services department.
- Hot cooking surfaces, foods; large equipment, cold areas such as walk in refrigerator and freezer.
- Potential for wet floors.
- Walking, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping throughout shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Average hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Steve Sterling, Administrator at SteveSterling@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.