To provide Guests and Team Members with clean and sanitized utensils, plateware, glassware and equipment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide Guests and Team Members with clean and sanitized utensils, plateware, glassware and equipment.
- Ensure dishes and cookware are sanitized and available as needed.
- Maintain daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Clean and sanitize service area and kitchen throughout shift.
- Complete assigned prep work and beautification duties.
- Trouble-shoot dishwasher machine malfunctions.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company Team Members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximum Team Member morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- At all times provides a favorable image of TGI Friday’s to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance recognition and acceptance of all of its areas and endeavors.
- Guest Experience
- Issues around cleanliness and sanitation
Measures of Success
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Cleanliness and sanitation
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks, while maintaining required standards of operation, in daily activities.
- Must also be able to perform duties that ensure Guest satisfaction.
- Must follow handling and sanitation procedures and use extreme caution with utensils, plateware, glassware and equipment to avoid breakage.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
PASSION FOR THE GUEST (Friendliness, Sociability): actively contributes to fun, friendly and engaging service
- Understands how their role impacts the guest
- Displays a caring attitude towards guests.
- Contributes to the guest experience through knowledge of job and products
- Demonstrates a service attitude by providing support to those who are directly serving the guest
- Consistently follows recipe directions to provide quality food that meets the guests' expectations
- Handles special requests in a responsive and positive way
- Utilizes customer feedback to provide a better guest experience
COMMUNICATION (Sociability, Cooperation): keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive
- Pays close attention to guests' and coworkers’ special requests to ensure accuracy
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions
PASSION & INITIATIVE (Drive & Energy, Dependatiblity): keeps it fun and keeps up with the pace
- Shows guests and team members that he/she genuinely enjoys the job
- Displays passion, energy and pride in doing the job right
- Exhibits ability to learn the craft and a desire to continue to develop and grow.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and drive; pushes for quick, yet accurate results
- Focuses on the way he/she approaches a task, not just the task itself
- Takes independent action to improve existing systems and processes
- Enthusiastically promotes the TGI Friday’s brand and menu items
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY (Acceptance of Authority, Dependability, Integrity): Works hard and delivers quality results
- Arrives on time and ready to work dressed in proper uniform
- Attends all required shift meetings and is prepared to contribute
- Follows proper safety and sanitation procedures; does not take shortcuts that may jeopardize quality standards
- Minimizes wastes and costs (e.g., maintains proper rotation of inventory)
- Balances speed of production with accuracy and quality
- Responds to complaints about food quality issues by owning the situation and solving the problem quickly and properly
- Uses good judgment and acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE (Stress Tolerance, Dependability): Knows that anything can and will happen and handles uncertainty in a calm, controlled manner
- Addresses daily challenges and obstacles with confidence and a positive attitude
- Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities
- Prioritizes effectively and multitasks to ensure all tasks are completed by the end of the shift
- Maintains an even-tempered demeanor even in stressful situations
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION (Friendliness, Cooperation): Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all team members
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with all team members to maintain a productive environment
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods
- Reaches out to team members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced team members