An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. To Keep our residents and team members safe, we provide all necessary PPE, and adhere to all infection control requirements including regular testing.
A Dishwasher/Utility Worker:
- Performs a wide variety of cleaning, transport and serving functions to ensure the efficient operation of the Food Service Department.
- Cleans dishes, equipment and surfaces according to department procedures and schedules.
- Assigned work may include cleaning fixtures and equipment such as ovens, stoves, fryers, steam kettles, hoods, refrigerators, grease traps, carts, counters, floors, carpets, pots, pans, and catering equipment.
- Transports supplies to various areas of department and community in a timely manner, including dining rooms and tray service.
- Performs routine sweeping and trash removal with quality results.
Here's what you need:
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility in work assignments.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- 6 months or more in long term care, home care or related field preferred.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status”