Weekends: 7am-2pm and 1pm to 8pm
Responsible for ensuring that all dishes, pots and pans are properly washed and stored correctly in order to positively contribute to the dining experience. Responsible for ensuring the safety of our residents.
Now hiring Difference Makers! Senior Star is a Great Place to Work!
The Dishwasher at Senior Star has a huge impact on the lives of the residents and on the overall culture of the community. The Dishwasher is an invaluable part of the Senior Star family! Below is a picture of the impact a Dishwasher has at Senior Star. This is what being a difference maker looks like!
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for Kitchen Duties
- Washes all dishes, cooking utensils and pots and pans
- Uses proper sanitizing soap to clean dishes and utensils
- Uses equipment in a safe manner
- Ensures that all dishes, pots, pans, etc. are free of water before storing
- Delivers room trays
- Follows all health department guidelines, safety practices and infection control practices
- Understands proper emergency response procedures
Responsible for Keeping the Kitchen Area Clean
- Puts all groceries away
- Empties all kitchen trash
- Keeps area clean and dry at all times
- Keeps dish room walls and pots and pans cleaned and wiped down at all times
- Sweeps and mops all kitchen floors and outside hallway every evening, using wet floor signs
- Mops walk-in when needed
- Hoses down outside back door area when needed
- Cleans dish machine nightly
- De-limes dishwasher regularly
- De-limes the stainless steel area when necessary
- Cleans and sanitizes areas at all times
Senior Star Culture
We are a company driven by our relentless pursuit of excellence and top performance. At Senior Star, we understand that we have a tremendous responsibility to fulfill Our Vision: A World of Difference Makers. We are committed to helping you realize the power you have to make a difference. Whether it is a process you are involved in, a person you want to serve, or a cause you care about, you can make a difference.
We are guided by our mission, which is narrowed down to two simple actions, Unite & Serve. Our Mission: UNITE as exceptional stewards for seniors and those who love them & SERVE as thoughtful spokespeople for senior living. Being part of the Senior Star family means you are committed to being exceptional stewards and thoughtful spokespeople. We are looking to attract and retain a diverse group of associates, who are united by standards of excellence and thoughtful in how they act, think, and communicate in life, especially regarding those we serve. Everyone who has high aspirations, who believes in doing good for each person with whom they come into contact, and who is committed to making a difference in the world will thrive as Senior Star continues to grow!
What makes us unique is that we believe our associates are our greatest asset, and we strive to create a best-in-class experience for all stakeholders by creating opportunities for associates to thrive. With this approach, we are a more creative, flexible, stimulating, collaborative, purposeful, and successful organization.
We as Senior Star associates commit to a heartfelt promise to one another. Our Promise: Do for each other with love. Our Promise is Senior Star’s commitment to taking ownership in how we relate to and interact with one another, associate to associate. It’s about empathy. It’s about respect. It’s ultimately a compassionate “love” thing, and we are not afraid to own that word within our company. Our promise starts with each other and then extends to everyone we serve... Will you commit to our promise?
We believe in Diversity & Inclusion: Senior Star is a company in which we respect associates and celebrate the talents each unique human embodies. Life is enhanced when people of differing backgrounds, ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicities work in harmony towards a shared vision.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization