The Dispatch Advisor is responsible for Dispatch and Scheduling Management (DSM) roles and functions as well as Field Service trouble ticket and service order reschedules and completions. This includes associated work needed to update and maintain accurate customer billing and facilities systems information. Accuracy in this role has an impact on external customers and internal teams including Field Services, Sales, and APC.
DSM roles and functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Timely and accurately dispatching pending DSM orders per established protocols and procedures;
- Reviewing and updating DSM orders daily to ensure proper appointment date and time, order status, job code, and other identified order quality criteria;
- Prompt handling of DSM Open, Incomplete or Rejected Orders;
- Creating DSM assist orders as directed by Field Services;
- Creating manual DSM orders as needed for dispatching and completion of work;
- Responding to inquiries (from Field Services and other teams) related to DSM order assignments and status;
- Completing DSM orders as necessary when the FST Mobile Application is out of area or non-functioning and/or to complete work performed by a non-MA user (such as contractors, etc.);
- Handling identified residential and business service order expedited requests; communicate requests and responses between Field Services personnel and Commercial and Consumer teams.
Order and Trouble management include, but are not limited to, the following for Field Service assigned work:
- Acting as first point of contact for Field Services to review and investigate order and ticket content escalations;
- Providing information and direction to Field Services and other departments (Sales, APC, COAST, etc.) as requested. Apply advanced knowledge of DSM, SABRE, Metasolv, and UTS workflows and processes, in addition to the ability to navigate facility-based systems (MARTENS, etc.) and interpret data to diagnose and provide direction, as needed. This work often requires oral and written communications to multiple departments;
- Utilizing qualification systems and tools (Service Availability, etc.). This position is accountable for interpreting and accurately assessing Data and/or IPTV product availability by address;
- Identifying system malfunctions and design flaws and notify support teams to take corrective action. This position must understand order provisioning and tasks and their impact on downstream teams;
- Creating UTS Tickets as requested by Field Services or other approved entities (state locate agencies, Sales, etc.) to facilitate dispatching and completion of work, including cable locates, DSL and IPTV pre-qualifications, and other order support functions;
- Rescheduling service orders via RMS including customer contacts and trouble tickets via UTS including customer contacts;
- Ensuring accurate and timely handling and completion of Metasolv tasks and queue responsibilities;
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of SABRE and MARTENS orders following completion of Field Service DSM orders; update Siebel orders for changes as needed;
- Promptly and accurately ensuring internal systems (MARTENS, etc.) are updated with correct facilities information as provided by the FST during completion or other contacts. This includes follow-up as needed with other departments to resolve conflicts in system information and the ability to apply identified updates to MARTENS data and records to ensure accuracy and appropriate results;
- Promptly and accurately applying additional billing and/or billing changes communicated by the FST;
- Providing assistance on service orders, dispatches, and trouble tickets as requested;
- Assisting other teams and departments with inquiries and approved projects and tasks as approved by management.
The Advisor will have the ability to navigate, understand and resolve issues using a multitude of applications including: Dispatch Scheduling Management system (DSM); Reservation Management System (RMS); DESI; SABRE; Metasolv; Customer Link; Siebel, MARTENS; UTS; Right Now; Switch Query Tool; and the Service Availability system.
- Dispatch and complete service order and trouble tickets. This includes management of DSM order dispatching and related tasks; completion of DSM orders, SABRE service orders, MARTENS service orders, Metasolv tasks, manual pre-quals, and UTS Trouble Tickets; rescheduling of Field Service orders and trouble tickets;
- Update and maintain accurate billing, company records and systems including: entry of additional billing charge or changes as indicated by FST; updating plant facilities (MARTENS, etc.) to reflect current and accurate data.
- Create UTS tickets for dispatching of work (cable locates, pre-quals, etc.) to Field Services.
- Investigate overdue orders assigned to Field Services for completion.
- Provide assistance and information on dispatching, service orders, and/or trouble tickets.
- Keep abreast of technical developments and the skills needed to assume expanded job responsibilities in the sophisticated telecommunication service offerings.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant TDS products and services.
- Contribute to overall process improvement by providing feedback to management and recommended solutions.
- 1+ years’ customer service experience.
- 1+ years’ dispatch experience.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs
- Ability to work mandatory overtime during peak times and the ability to work overtime on weekend rotations.
- Ability to accurately record and interpret data.
- Associates degree (or higher) in telecommunications field is preferred.
- Prior telecommunications experience and an understanding of the telecommunications industry, products, services, terminology and facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, listening).
- Software knowledge and skills in business and Office applications such as Windows Suite.
- Skills in troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage individual workload while meeting team goals and business needs of the company.
- Proven aptitude to work well on a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Desire and ability to work and make timely decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment.
- Positive outlook in challenging situations and the ability to present concerns in a constructive way.
- Ability to promote strong team morale and spirit.
- Desire to help others adapt to change.
- Ability to champion process improvement.
- Desire and ability to lead by example - self-motivated.