The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for communicating with the drivers and assigning inbound and outbound loads to specific doors and staging lanes.
Shift Hours: 6PM - 6AM, does include weekends
- Assist with phone calls from terminals, carriers, drivers and customers.
- Assist with billing duties
- Assist with dispatch of freight and drivers
- Facilitate internal calls for help and information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office
- SAP and Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Check truck drivers in and out
- Coordinate inbound and outbound loads
- Assign dock doors for inbound/outbound activity in accordance with warehouse direction and vendor assignment in warehouse
- Verify the accuracy of all shipping and receiving documentation
- Partner with the inventory department to resolve any discrepancies
- Assist in appointment scheduling as needed
- Update required reports on a timely basis
- Communicate with customers and assist with customer needs
- Depending on location, employee may be required to operate equipment and may be required to be equipment certified
- Other duties as required or assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.