SUMMARY: Answer phones to respond to discharge orders, ride requests, customer inquiries, questions, and complaints. Project a professional company image through phone interaction.
- Answers phones for Medicaid eligible requests for non-emergency discharges, ride requests, and dispatch estimated time of arrivals.
- Places orders in computer system.
- Provides information for provider, along with projected service times.
- Transfers calls to appropriate regional team members.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves issues using the computer system.
- Follows-up on customer inquires not immediately resolved.
- Completes call logs and reports.
- Organizes, plans, and optimizes daily trip route assignments in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Provides support to other company departments and offices regarding trip assignment.
- Ensures short and long range planning is performed to identify trips that require eligibility verification.
- Answers telephones, handles calls, routes to appropriate individual or takes messages. Ensures customers, vendors and employees are handled in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous dispatch experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to analyze schedules and assign resources appropriately, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Must possess good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to focus on assigned tasks
- Must be able to work collaboratively with internal departments and external facilities/providers to determine best practices for ongoing quality satisfaction.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must take direction well.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- Professional appearance.
- Positive attitude.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalent.