ContainerPort Group is looking for a DISPATCHER to join our team!
ContainerPort Group, Inc. (CPG) has been serving America's Heartland, global gateways and vital transportation corridors with solutions since its founding in 1971. CPG specializes in transportation services including container and domestic trucking, container depot operations, rail, warehousing and logistics throughout the Midwest, Ohio Valley, Gulf and East coast of the United States.
CPG is a division of World Shipping, Inc. We leverage over 55 years of market experience from our family of companies dedicated to providing cargo transportation and freight services around the globe.
A Dispatcher is responsible for keeping their fleet committed to shipments that safely maximize productivity and provide on-time service to the customers.
- Setting up and administering daily dispatch operations
- Dispatching drivers for pick-ups and deliveries
- Tracking drivers and equipment to facilitate the timely delivery of containers to their final destination
- Providing customers with information on services, rates, equipment availability and shipment status
- Confirming proper bookings and billings to meet customer requirements
- Utilizing web-based platform, update pick-ups/deliveries and enter customer order information
- Answering driver and customer calls; send and respond to emails related to shipments
- 3 to 5 years’ intermodal trucking experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with DOT regulations
- Must have owner-operator experience
- Computerized dispatch skills (experience using TMS, Truck Mate or Profit Tools)
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, take initiative and achieve results
- Strong computer skills and experience using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bi-lingual preferred
Advantages of Joining our Team:
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package:
- Medical & Prescription
- FSA - Medical & Dependent Care
- Disability Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program & Financial Planning
- 401(k) Plan & Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Growth Opportunities
- Join our World Group Community!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.See job description