CEVA Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply-chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 44,000 employees in more than 160 countries are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply-chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.
CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Dispatcher located in Portland, OR.
In this role, the Dispatcher will:
- Assign routes to drivers and owner-operators
- Coordinate shipments according to customer instructions
- Ensure compliance to DOT regulations
- Establish internal policies and guidelines
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Dispatch drivers for U.S. domestic shipment pick-ups and deliveries
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Notify drivers of assignments and direct their activities to ensure cargo is picked up and delivered according to time-sensitive schedules
- Maintain information on shipments under Customs control and ensures paperwork required for the release of the cargo is given to proper station import personnel
- Review and assimilate stored data and enter new data in computer database
- Assist with shrink-wrapping, loading and down-loading freight, verifying the labeling of domestic shipments, and noting the count and condition of cargo received
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum one to two years’ related experience
- Minimum one year industry experience preferred
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state issued Class C Driver's License.
- Forklift Certification preferred
- DOT Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Certification preferred
Communication and Technology Skills:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- PC literate with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications
Additional Skills and Experience that Contribute to Success:
- Knowledge of local geographic market
- Accurate typing skills and/or data entry skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents
- Effectively present information in one-on-one situations or in small group situations
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Good vision and depth perception required
- Ability to drive and/or operate heaving machinery or equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.