ABOUT AAA HOOSIER MOTOR CLUB:
AAA Hoosier Motor Club, headquartered in Indianapolis, provides membership benefits including emergency roadside assistance, retail discounts and a variety of products and services for its 438,000 members across Indiana. It also operates a full-service travel agency and an insurance agency which markets and sells auto, home and life insurance. Hoosier Motor Club has 300 employees and operates 13 retail branch offices including seven in metro Indianapolis as well as Bloomington, Clarksville, Kokomo, Lafayette, Muncie, and Terre Haute. And it is an affiliate of the American Automobile Association (AAA), the largest motoring and leisure travel organization in North America with more than 58 million members.
To perform dispatching duties in a prompt and professional manner ensuring that each and every member is totally satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Dispatching duties include, but are not limited to:
- Learn to effectively receive and process member’s and Roadside Assistance Program service requests.
- Learn to route all service requests to service facilities by available dispatching methods including: radio, digital, telephone and remote dispatch or fax.
- Learn how to select and control movement of service vehicles incorporating departmental standards and goals.
- Learn to demonstrate working knowledge of the computer system and necessary technology.
- Apply knowledge of ERS policies and procedures to every member situation; and document all actions taken for each call received and dispatched including ETAs, updating members on call status, etc. regularly maintaining appropriate records.
- Communicates all deviations and problems to troubleshooter/lead/supervisor.
- Performs dispatching of multiple queues quickly and completely.
- Apply a detailed knowledge of ERS service policies and procedures to every member situation.
- Prepares routine reports regarding provided services to management as needed;
- Provides support to management team with implementation of changes, on-the-job training and ensuring the accuracy of services provided.
- Meet established response time goals to obtain an average response of less than 30 minutes.
- Establish and maintain positive communications and professional demeanor with members, employees, drivers, management and AAA service facilities.
- Maintain a flexible calendar including nights, weekends or holidays for scheduling purposes and keep an acceptable record of punctuality and attendance.
- Expectation is when a dispatcher is needed to they will serve in a Quality Assurance role. This includes but is not limited to calling members and documenting their experiences and expectations. The standard expectations for the QA process are 12 calls per hour minimum for each hour worked.
Perform other duties as requested by management
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Communication Center and Dispatcher functions preferred.
Language Skills - Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Supervisors must have the capability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization is a required skill set.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Problem Solving - Ability to identify and resolve practical problems in a timely manner. Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Reliability - ability of the individual to be dependable and trustworthy.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; possesses ability to build morale and group commitments to reach goals and objectives
Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.