IMPORTANT - do NOT click Apply before reading this message.
If "Safety Sensitive" does NOT appear above this message, click APPLY and continue. Otherwise, read this message and continue as directed.
Safety Sensitive Positions require a TWO part application. If "Safety Sensitive" appears above, click Apply and complete the first page, work experience and all other questions after page 2. You will be asked to complete the second part of the application when contacted by a Recruiter.
Job Description Summary
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for effectively routing customer deliveries, managing driver routes and workloads within designated time frames and cost structure and in compliance with efficiency standards and safety regulations.
• Schedule all fuel, lube, package and truck and trailer deliveries, including assignment of drivers to trucks and trucks to routes, to maximize operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall profitability in adherence with safety requirements with independent judgment
• Exercising discretion with managing schedule changes (due to driver absences, business changes, and/or vehicle maintenance) and adjust assignments/routes accordingly, communicating changes to appropriate operations/sales representatives
• Troubleshoot calls from drivers, serving as primary point of contact. Manage and escalate product contaminations, spills, and other onsite emergencies reported by drivers to appropriate operations leadership in compliance with PTL’s environmental, health, safety and security guidelines
• Conduct cost/benefit analysis of fuel pricing at territory loading racks to determine where fuel drivers should obtain products for delivery to maintain margins based on determined pricing
• Review and analyze previous day’s deliveries to ensure routes were adhered to and efficiency levels were met/exceeded. Log and report emergency delivery details
• Serve as key point of contact for sales representatives, drivers, warehouse team, and operations leadership on all delivery-related issues
• Read Web-based monitors for tank levels and generate delivery tickets if needed
• Regularly analyze regional fuel pricing reports
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience required, oil and gas industry experience preferred
• The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and understand what actions to take to bring resolution
• The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
• The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
• High School Diploma required (or GED/High School Equivalency Certificate is acceptable)
• Bachelor degree preferred; a combination of education and/or experience in lieu of degree
• Logistics Coordinators must maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include, but are not ◦limited to, the following:
o Bending, twisting, squatting, crouching, and kneeling
o Frequently lifting objects up to 20 LBS
o Sitting for extended periods of time
o Operating assigned equipment
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.