Gulf Distributing Company of Mobile
Position � Dispatcher
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
To process and provide routing information to the sales, delivery and warehouse departments while assisting all departments in their daily functions.
Required Skill Sets:
- Possess a thorough computer knowledge of the RAS system as it relates to properly routing.
- Strong planning and follow up skills.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft office.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to enforce communication cut off times.
- Effective Utilization of Company Information Systems.
- Ability to Work Cohesively Across Multiple Departments within the Company.
- Must report to work on time and clock in and out properly.
- Use route accounting software to route all future orders for delivery.
- Verify all salesman transmission during the shift.
- Process and route all Sam�s Club, Costco and Publix through using editpo.
- Create, add or delete orders by request.
- Email routing info to appropriate personal.
- Sort and organize load crew paperwork.
- Change and process check digits throughout the warehouse on a daily basis.
- Assist Inventory Control Manager with proper check in of routes.
- Assist load crew in pulling orders (cases, kegs).
- Assist 1stshift and load crew in filling out of stocks in pick area.
- Communicate thoroughly and effectively with delivery and warehouse managers.
- Report any accidents to a supervisor.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and other employees of the Company.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the vendors and retailers that do business with the Company.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct all of your activities in accordance to the local, state and federal liquor control regulations.
- Perform all work activities in accordance to the safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all established inventory control procedures and practices.
- Adapt to any new responsibilities required by the Warehouse/Operations Manager.