Job ID: []
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Gravel Dispatcher/Scale Operator
Dispatch- Richland Site
Scale Operator: Operate scale weighing aggregate trucks and help customers who pick up products in the yard. Collect and sort delivery tickets, then assist in entering information into computer system.
Dispatcher: Utilizing computer data base system, worker schedules delivery of aggregate products to construction and residential sites.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure efficiency of weighing trucks across scale.
- Monitor load sizes of company trucks.
- Service all customer pick-up business.
- Cash procedures i.e.: Required to receive and log cash from C.O.D. sales, concrete, and gravel tickets. Required to balance and maintain cash box. Daily balance required.
- Communicate with loader operator via two-way radio to accomplish the loading of pick-up customers.
- Greet and assist visitors entering yard. Ensure site specific safety rules are understood and followed.
- Collect and sort aggregate order cards along with delivery tickets.
- Maintain MSHA Part 46 Log ensuring compliance.
- Answers customer and driver call in a timely and professional manner.
- Enters order data into computer system
- Schedules and tracks orders and deliveries
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous related experience in a construction environment and/or trucking preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform work efficiently utilizing a computer.
- Demonstrates the ability to do basic math.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel via telephone and two-way radio.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.