Wisconsin Building Supply, the premiere building supply company in Wisconsin, continues to grow. We are looking for an experience dispatcher for our Sussex yard. The position is full time, with a robust benefit package.
Coordinate shipping and customer delivery activities. Direct Company truck drivers on delivery priorities, routes and job site information. Coordinate the use of outside trucks, trailers, and transportation services as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Call customers a day in advance, when possible to confirm delivery set-up or changes.
- Maintain a shipping schedule for each day of the week to maximize deliveries according to the workload.
- Schedule the maximum possible amount of Deliveries at all times.
- Coordinate milling, building loads, and trucking to accommodate the shipping schedule at all times.
- Ensure all deliveries have proper paperwork before any truck leaves the yard.
- Maintain a legible and complete shipping log.
- Handle all customer complaints/concerns same day as received.
- Ensure all voided paperwork, cash refunds, credit memos, special orders lacking deposits, �0� sell tickets, memo only tickets, re-printed items etc. are approved by appropriate store management before the transactions are completed.
- Listen to and answer all sales personnel inquiries pertaining to delivery times.
- Work with shipper in maximizing delivery capability and help in keeping yard costs to a minimum at all times.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required�High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum experience required�2 years building materials distribution.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, demonstrated time management and organizational skills, interpersonal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate with various levels of store personnel.
- Computer literate.
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and sitting. Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 25 lbs on a regular basis and 50 lbs on occasion.
Wisconsin Building Supply is an equal opportunity employer.