Are you interested in becoming a DISPATCHER?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for Dispatchers in McHenry, IL. Our dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is exactly why our employees say this is the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Dispatchers Will Enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Team-oriented Environment
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
Our Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Review route performance and respond to customer inquiries and needs
- Sell bus passes
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance metrics and route efficiency
- Daily reports and clerical duties
- Direct calls internally
- Act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
To qualify as a Dispatcher, you’ll need:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem-solving abilities
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering. That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.