Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a Dispatcher for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in POSITION LOCATION .
- Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers, bus assistants, and assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes, field trips, and charter work.
- Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers and bus assistants are assigned and accomplished on-time.
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution.
- Assist drivers with routing directions and directs them to perform special services when required.
- Recommends appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including suspensions and/or discharge, for part-time staff for violations of company policies.
- Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route.
- Notifies District and building personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Maintains route documentation and records (relevant contract requirements, school information, student data, route changes, relevant maps, vehicle details, bus assignments, driver details) for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and complies with district and state requirements.
- Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Maintains high compliance to dispatch standard operating procedures.
- Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of surrounding geographic area to ensure effective and efficient routing. Ability to organize and prioritize time to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and dispatching.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in fast-paced and/or stressful environment (interpersonal & telephone skills).
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers and other team members
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to operate two-way and emergency radio systems
- Ability to use office machines (fax, scanner, copier, zip drive, telephone system)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Program and computerized routing software.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read road and street maps
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records relating to overall dispatch and routing responsibilities
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com or http://www.nellc.com .
Key Words : Dispatch, Dispatcher, Bus Dispatcher, Truck Dispatcher, Delivery Dispatcher, Transportation Dispatcher, Public Safety Dispatcher, Emergency Dispatcher, Radio Dispatcher, Station Dispatcher, Router, Route Writer, Route Planner, Trip Planner, Transportation Route Planner, School Bus Transportation, Student Transportation, Passenger Transportation, Public Transportation, Transit, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z