Full-Time Distance Learning Instructor, Special Education
DISTANCE LEARNING INSTRUCTOR – SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Current Missouri teaching certification for special education.
- Special Education teaching experience preferred. Retirees are welcome to apply.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To provide specialized instruction and coordination of special education services for individual students with disabilities that have selected a virtual instruction model.
- Provides specialized instruction to students with disabilities using a district provided virtual learning platform.
- Consult with general education teachers and special education case managers regarding the individual needs and progress of students on their caseload for distance learning.
- Collaborates with the school team in implementing effective specialized teaching strategies in a distance learning format for students with disabilities.
- Maintains records regarding individual student progress toward IEP goals and objectives, services and accommodations provided, parent contacts, notices and other documentation as required by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) regulations, the Director of Special Education, or the school principal.
- Initiates communication with parents of students with disabilities on a regular basis regarding progress in general education curriculum and towards IEP goals in a distance learning format.
- Monitor the overall effectiveness of distanct learning for assigned students & troubleshoot any potential problems as well as issues reported by a student or caregiver.
- Uses technology effectively to implement instruction and to manage documentation requirements.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties/responsibilities deemed necessary may be assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The individual who holds this position is regularly required to walk, hear and speak and must have close moderate and distance vision ability. This individual must be able to travel between district facilities. The position requires a moderate amount of travel and physical activity.
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is consistent with typical office/school environment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work calendar to be established by the Board Of Education. Benefits according to Board policies.
RETIREMENT: Public School Retirement System (PSRS)
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate
CLEARANCES: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluations utilizing the Performance Based Teacher Evaluation process.