PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The AI Lab focuses on implementing solutions that impact efficiency and effectiveness of our technology functions. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery are key areas to drive value and continue to be recognized as the leading professional services firm. AI Lab is focused on identifying and prioritizing emerging technologies to get the most out of our investments.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Additional Educational Requirements :
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience that includes managing technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Operations Management/Research, Statistics
Additional Educational Preferences :
PhD or equivalent such as DBA, JD, with experience or specialization in machine learning, machine reasoning, natural language processing, or data mining unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Managing and mentoring a team of Research Scientists and Software Engineers as well as partnering with R&D teams;
- Collaborating with business subject matter specialists and acceleration catalyst teams to deliver strategic AI augmented audit solutions from design and prototype to full deployment and operation;
- Managing the entire lifecycle of a research project while collaborating with business specialists for business understanding and supporting business value potential identification;
- Developing strategic roadmap for market driven innovation & product;
- Contributing to internal and external publications and co-authoring publications in leading journals as well as participation in relevant conferences;
- Demonstrating ability to articulate and clearly communicate the solution scope, timeline and benefits with clients;
- Demonstrating ability to develop working relationships with all relevant parties, particularly at the senior management level; and,
- Demonstrating ability to work in a global collaborative team environment and proficient verbal and written English communication skills.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Understanding machine learning/deep learning, knowledge representation and reasoning, natural language understanding and natural language generation in corporate or academic research environments;
- Demonstrating experience in developing AI algorithms and solutions;
- Demonstrating proven programming skills (especially python) to enable rapid prototyping and implementation of solutions;
- Having intimate knowledge of Artificial Intelligence: natural language understanding, natural language generation, knowledge representation and reasoning, and deep learning;
- Understanding Cloud based open source and solution deployment: docker container, kubernetes, Postgres, neo4j, mongodb, Drools and DevOps methodology;
- Understanding UI/UX frameworks such as Django, Flask, or equivalent;
- Accounting and Auditing and ability to understand business context and integrate artificial intelligence and advanced analytics levers for solutions;
- Demonstrating experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs as well as other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases; and,
- Demonstrating proven academic credentials with publications in journals and conferences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.