IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers, and each employee is bound by a commitment to providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Distribution Center Manager Job Description
Insulation Distributors, Inc. is seeking a Distribution Center Manager to join the IDI team. IDI is searching for a dedicated Distribution Center Manager to manage warehouse operations for our Londonberry, New Hampshire location.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Check pulled goods quantity and type against sales orders to confirm accuracy and that each order has been fill in full
- Coordinate driver schedules according to delivery needs to assure materials are distributed in a timely manner
- Check the accuracy of quantity received and the quality of goods received versus the bill of lading and purchase order
- Assist the Branch Manager in organizing warehouse layout and storage bins
- Assist in conducting site-specific physical inventories and cycle counting as directed by the Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Inventory Control Manager, and/or Controller
- Schedule equipment (truck, forklift, etc.) maintenance
- Represent company in customer-sensitive manner during all customer and supplier interactions at warehouse or customer/supplier sites
- Know all products IDI offers and pricing in order to assist in sales efforts
- Interview and select qualified candidates for open Driver/Warehouse positions per defined recruiting guidelines
- Keep good records of required employee documents such as driver's license and DOT medical cards ensure these documents are kept up-to-date
- Operate material handling equipment including a forklift, pallet jack, and shrink wrapper
- Identify product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Lift/carry/maneuver heavy product and equipment, up to 80 lbs.
- Use/learn computer order entry and inventory systems
- Achieve set goals in a timely manner
- Supervise, train and provide work direction to others
- Adapt to react to changes promptly
- Take initiative to encourage and suggest improvements in processes
Education and/or Experience
- College degree preferred or equivalent education and experience
- 2-4+ years experience in warehouse facility
- Forklift experience preferred
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.