Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer. Reporting to the Distribution Lead Engineer, this position can be located in our Orlando or West Palm Beach, FL, offices. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university
- 2+ years of overhead and underground distribution engineering experience serving utilities in North America
- Knowledge of electrical design including the selection and installation of conductors, insulators, switchgear, circuit breakers, fuses and other distribution equipment is required
- Knowledge of structural, civil and geotechnical aspects of distribution engineering is an asset
- Knowledge of overhead systems design and the use of PLS-CADD is an asset
- Experience with substation and transmission projects is an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to exercise initiative when resolving issues and in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual situations
- Able to take on responsibility for your outputs on high-profile projects and grow professionally with our expanding organization
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.