Distribution Leader, Small Commercial Ins.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position will be based in within the defined geography, preferably in close proximity to a Chubb Regional Office. The role will report to the Regional Vice President of Small Commercial Sales & Distribution and Branch Manager.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic leadership of small commercial within the defined territory
- Consistently delivers superior results on a month, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manages and maintains focus on achieving profit and revenue goals
- Articulates a vision for local sales personnel and distribution partners relative to CHUBB small commercial.
- Exhibit's a thorough understanding of local marketplace, CHUBB capabilities within that market place, and corporate vision.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through local team of sales professionals, influences and drives developed small commercial sales strategies
- Coach and lead local small commercial staff to articulate Vision. This is achieved through in person coaching and travel along with leadership by example.
- Maintains a high performance environment, focused on learning, achieving goals, and capturing market share
- Ensure sales team is maintaining discipline surrounding the development of sales plans, achievement of expectations surrounding sales behaviors, and maximizing distribution.
- Maintains and shares feedback surrounding market conditions specific to the small commercial marketplace.
- Develops an annual branch level business plan consistent with regional and overall CHUBB Small Commercial Vision.
- Work closely with CHUBB Small Commercial underwriting staff to promote small commercial products and capabilities.
- Supports efforts of broader CHUBB agency management strategies, developing and managing key strategic distribution relationships, both locally and in conjunction with National Broker/Partner initiatives.
- Effectively guides and oversee the local sales teams ability to effectively to manage distribution in order to develop mutually beneficial relationships and advance small commercial goals.
- 4 year college degree preferred; professional designations such as CIC and CPCU highly desirable.
- Strategic and tactical leadership skills
- Preferred candidate has prior management experience, and/or can demonstrate collaborative experience as part of a high performing, successful sales team.
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of small commercial underwriting and pricing strategies.
- Ability to coach and mentor sales staff
- Microsoft products (excel, word, outlook, onenote, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial and Creative approach to challenges and opportunities
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.