Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to driveour business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forwardwith Airgas as a Distribution Manager in Columbus, OH!
The DistributionManager is responsible for all phases of distribution including daily truckrouting (inter-company shuttles, trailer and bulk deliveries), ordering truckmaintenance, and recordkeeping and driver safety meetings. The DistributionManager is responsible for maximizing delivery service in a safe and efficientmanner. This position supervises drivers and coordinates special requirementswith Plant Manager and shift leads.
- Providessafety and compliance training to meet DOT, OSHA, FDA and Corporaterequirements.
- Championsdistribution efficiency initiatives for the location, including demandleveling.
- Drivescontinuous improvement in daily distribution operations.
- Develops,documents and trains employees on SOPs and processes.
- Dailyreview and processing of all DOT documentation including vehicle conditionreports and drivers hours of service, route efficiency and completion.
- Reviewsincoming orders for accuracy and unusual requirements. Communicate unusualrequirements for production planning.
- Preparesdaily local and inter-branch delivery schedule for cylinders and bulk.
- Preparesload sheets, delivery tickets and manifests and highlights any criticalcustomer requirements. Insures loads are accurate and complete.
- Reviewsreturned trips for paperwork accuracy and completeness, and unfulfilled orders.
- Reviewsopen orders for status and closure.
- Respondsto inquiries from sales, customer service and branches regarding deliverystatus and capabilities
- Respondsto emergency delivery requirements.
- Managesavailability of drivers and equipment, including all maintenance requirements,to insure that adequate resources are available to meet distribution needs.
- Controlsdistribution costs and maximizes service response through balancing of dailyroutes and overall system optimization.
- Directlysupervises drivers.
- Theabove job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilitiesassociated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of theorganization.
- HighSchool Diploma or Equivalent required. Collegedegree in supply chain management or logistics management or related fielddesired.
- Minimum5 years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution operation.
- Minimum2 years leadership experience in a distribution environment.
- Knowledgeof truck routing and shipping hazardous materials.
- Knowledgeof DOT regulations and FDA requirements.
- Workingknowledge of SAP.
- Efficientin Microsoft Office products.
- Strongverbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter,self-motivated, independent, well-organized, attention to detail.
- Teamplayer with positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability toinfluence without having direct authority.
- Abilityto read and comprehend technical procedures, governmental regulations, MSDS,safety rules, manufacturer operating and maintenance instructions, proceduremanuals, etc.
- Mustbe able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities andbackgrounds.
- Musthave effective oral and written English language ability.
- Stronganalytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to presentand communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
- Abilityto add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using wholenumbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Abilityto compute rate, ratio, and percent’s.
- Mustbe customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectfuland courteous manner.
- Mustbe able to safely drive a forklift.
- Minimaltravel; minimal overnight travel – occasional weekend and on-call status.
- Occasionallybe able to move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid ofmaterial handling equipment.
- Livesby Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedureswhich are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Airgas offers a fullbenefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D,Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays,401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Airgas, an AirLiquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical andspecialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largestU.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammoniaproducts and process chemicals.
Dedicated toimproving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safelyand reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and AirgasTotal Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader ingases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customersan unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology andinnovations.
What do our TeamMembers have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to workwith great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity toadvance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to workwith and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability