Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a Distribution Operations Manager for an exciting opportunity to join our team in Nazareth, PA.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), manage the entire operation of the distribution center in Nazareth, PA.
- Responsible for facility productivity by conducting daily labor planning exercise. Ensure Labor Management System (LMS) is being utilized consistently. Manages facility profile and capacity.
- Ensures compliance to OSHA, DOT, DHS, ISO, VAWD, and corporate standards by maintaining housekeeping, security, maintenance, Rx scrap/waste process, and other applicable areas.
- Perform daily gap assessment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and formulate plan to close gaps. KPI areas include Safety/Cost/Quality/Service metrics.
- Provides leadership for departmental supervisors. Ensure new employee training and onboarding is conducted to appropriate standard.
- Ensure monthly employee communication meetings are conducted.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PPI
- Executes process improvement initiatives and collects data for future PPI projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, Logistics Management or related field or relevant equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a high volume automated distribution center to include experience with conveyors and parcel sortation systems.
- Previous experience managing supervisors.
- Previous experience with Process Improvement (ex: Six Sigma or PPI).
- Must possess the interpersonal and presentational skills to be able to interact with various levels of Thermo Fisher personnel & customers.
- Must possess strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way. Must be able to apply principles of logic to define areas of opportunities collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and have general WMS experience.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Previous experience working with regulated compliance (ex: FDA).
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.