Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Distribution Operatiosn Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with an emphasis on managing distribution center associates and implementing distribution action plans.
**Currently recruiting for 2nd and 3rd shift operations**
- Plans and assigns work consistent with established schedules to ensure on time delivery of products; monitors production needs and makes necessary adjustments.
- Ensures proper training and directs activity of each employee giving appropriate guidance and instruction; clearly communicates expectations, goals and targets, explaining why they are critical.
- Monitors quality through observations of employees, inspecting work performed/work in process and through audits of finished goods.
- Provides daily feedback relative to performance; responsible for the day to day performance counseling of production employees, coaching them on the use of the established “best methods.”
- Enforces rules as established by management and confers with immediate supervisor/human resources regarding administration of discipline.
- Maintains a safe work environment; takes action to correct an unsafe condition, recommending necessary changes or investigation and processing safety reports following an incident; ensures proper use of personal protective equipment; conducts annual review of Hazard Communication information with employees; conducts monthly safety audits and safety meetings.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring operating budget.
- Arranges for proper maintenance and repairs of equipment in assigned area as required.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the incentive system and the accuracy of employee record keeping.
- Tracks and reports attendance daily, using anecdotal notes to record conversations or observations.
- Investigates and responds to employee grievances.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or GED required; relevant secondary education helpful
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience (preferably in a distribution center environment)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, train and develop employees for peak performance and career development
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule required; able to shift priorities easily to accommodate deadlines, business needs, and requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, employees, vendors and customers
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions from various levels within the organization
- Proficient with computers and MS Office; SAP experience and working knowledge of warehouse management systems required
- Able to do continuous lifting up to 50 pounds and be able to operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment
- Knowledge of safety best practices and OSHA, MSDS, FTZ, and CTPAT regulations
Normal distribution environment; may be required to work in various weather and temperature conditions due to the distribution environment. Less than 10% travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).