Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Distribution Supervisor will have direct responsibility for the shift supervised and full accountability for the Shipping and/or Transport operations, employee relations, order accuracy, and employee safety issues during that shift.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day associate relations as well as meeting department safety objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Coordinate the Shipping and Transport schedule and work closely with other departments.
- Schedule, assign and direct workforce.
- Train, monitor and evaluate workforce.
- Create a culture of safety and teamwork in the department.
- Ensure that employees are in compliance with all safety rules and GMPs.
- Processing of payroll for all distribution employees using the Kronos System.
- Record and balance produced and purchased product during the designated shift. Follow-up on discrepancies with production and/or producing plants during the shift.
- Review route accounting after the run. Follow up with DM and production on discrepancies.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.