The Distributor Account Manager II is a critical link between distributors and customers. The primary role is to drive and facilitate regional sales for assigned distribution partners. This role will focus on developing and solidifying the distributor-Acosta relationships, implementing sales programs, and obtaining sales targets by driving distributor’s products and initiatives. The Distributor Account Manager II understand the customers’ needs and demonstrates understanding to strengthen relationships that is mutually beneficial to the customer and the distributor. This position is available to their distributors on a regular basis handling day to day business and helping with their clients’ needs.
- Listen to the client needs and works to build upon the distribution relationships in place and foster new partnerships in order to continue to grow the business throughout their region of responsibility.
- Collaborates with Acosta’s sales team and distributers’ supply chain product managers to ensure a smooth process from warehouse to end user.
- Responds and resolves distributor questions and concerns in a timely manner; acts as an interface with distributors on credit and sales issues.
- Identifies through interaction with sales, marketing and distributor personnel opportunities to increase sales results with/through the distributor partners. The incumbent must be able to initiate and coordinate the businesses resources to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about product activity at distributors.
- Performs distributor channel analysis on channel sales, profitability and geographic coverage and reports accordingly internally and to distributor partners.
- Produce quality reporting and status reviews for clients.
- Assess channel needs and in the selection of appropriate distributors.
- Estimates and achieves quarterly revenue targets for each assigned distributor account through implementing and reinforcing consistent sales practices.
- Provides sales and technical training for Distributor Account Managers.
- Stays current on competitor distributors’ activities in the region, reports information and recommendations internally as required.
- Resolve problems related to, but not limited to, challenging sales/customers, operational issues, and product quality.
- Manages contract negotiations with legal counsel assistance as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7-8 years of experience in the Foodservice industry.
- Experience as either a broker, foodservice operations manager or distributor representative preferable.
- Previous supervisory experience preferable.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude;
- Strong communication skills;
- Leadership and management skills;
- Must understand industry knowledge to gain trust and build deeper relationships;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills;
- Must be able to manage difficult client situations with positive results;
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills;
- Using the E-Briefcase CRM System daily;
- Call Reporting in E-Briefcase CRM System.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.