The District Business Manager is responsible for the supervision and leadership of healthcare representatives within the local geography, sales performance at a district level, product champion at a state level, and the business knowledge of the local landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the marketplace.
Responsible for supervising operations of the District to include: hiring, coaching, representative development, performance management, and the assignment of key "priority" accounts within the medical community. Develops and implements strategic plans for the District Plans, organizes and monitors performance to achieve the business potential of the District, State, and the RBU. Establish and maintain an effective communications system among all members of the District, Region, and State Management Teams. Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives.
• Works in the field with all members of District to coach and counsel on improvement of selling skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for successful representative development.
• Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with members of the District and other State Management Teams.
• Develops and implements District business plan, manages District budget and overall responsibility for P&L at District level in alignment with State/RBU expectations.
• Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes.
• Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant.
• BA/BS Degree required. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
• Previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience preferred with at least three to five years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across peer and customer groups.
• Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer's long range technology model in bringing Pfizer information to market.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred and ability to develop and motivate others, lead trough change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives is necessary to be successful in this role.
• This position will require travel as needed to develop internal and external relationships.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Responsible for P& L
• Execute against brand/ business priorities
• Develop budget management and resource allocation
• Knowledge of product cluster/ portfolio and disease states
• Drive sales in geography
• Relationship Building, Advocate Development (external), Coordination required with other DBM's, RM, and SD.
• Develop account management skills
• Build relationship with account C-suite
Last Date to Apply for Job: Oct 18, 2019
Additional Location Information: Virtual, Regional or other specific location parameters noted in posting request
Eligible for Relocation Package YES
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.