Burger King District Manager
The District Manager is a leader in coordinating restaurant operations with unit General Managers by setting goals and objectives to achieve the operational standards and sales and profit goals of 5-7 restaurants within a specific market area while providing leadership, coaching and strategic direction to their entire team. Collaborate with the General Manager within the district to build sales, market share and profitability. Consistently demonstrates AMPLER values and leadership behaviors to build positive business relationships with key constituents including General Managers, suppliers and our customers.
- Champions the people policies, procedures and values by personally demonstrating, reinforcing and following-up on the people drivers to gain commitment from Restaurant Management and Team Members
- Establishes individual performance targets for Restaurant Management and other direct reports.
- Ensures that the performance planning and assessment process is followed for all employees within the market
- Leads processes associated with the performance management systems
- Mentors & sponsors high-potential individuals, with emphasis on meeting staffing needs and diversity targets
- Supports the succession planning process and participates in the CRT selection
- Accountable for achieving all established business plan targets through sales, transaction and income growth
- Uses all information resources available (e.g. operational reports, staffing, OSAT, P&L) to identify opportunities and threats to delivering business results and adjusts business plan tactics accordingly.
- Accountable for creating a positive work environment to accomplish business results (increased customer counts, increased sales, increased profits, and outstanding restaurant skills).
- Accountable for the G&A of assigned restaurants
- Ensuring compliance with all employment laws, Burger King and AMPLER policies and procedures.
- Keen focus on delivering quality, service and cleanliness in all restaurants.
- Collects and analyzes business data concerning sales, staffing, revenue, customer service and expenditures
- Assist in developing strategies and programs to solve organizational inefficiencies and maximize returns.
- Demonstrates customer service by consistently observing restaurant operations, troubleshooting shift management, taking on-the-spot corrective actions, and recognizing successes.
- Supports and develops General Managers to teach restaurant teams to execute the restaurant systems that produce consistently high operation level.
- Performs operational reviews to assess trends & opportunities throughout the market and works with assigned management team to create and execute improvement plans.
- Establishes processes and develops guidelines for General Managers to ensure that the restaurants properly execute local store marketing, promotions and the execution of new products and processes.
- MAKE GUESTS FEEL SPECIAL!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various duties and work under pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to resolve problem situations immediately.
- Oversee and analyze weekly P&L projections
- Ability to develop, execute and follow-up on action plans and management developmental plans.
- Full understanding of P&Ls to effectively run operations
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibit a high degree of awareness in customer relations and satisfaction and promote the same to all team members
- Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work 50 – 65 hours per week up to six days a week
Ensures that people practices are followed; quality hiring, management targeted selection, responds to guest satisfaction surveys, shift certification, HR policies, labor laws, security and safety procedures).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Has an automobile with the required insurance coverage available to drive
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-2 years of restaurant management experience
- Complete all internal certification programs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently bending, stooping and kneeling. This position is very active requiring occasional crawling and climbing. Ability to lift/move 50 pounds. Regular exposure to video terminal display. Travel in personal vehicle leading to exposure to all driving conditions and hazards. Frequent standing for long periods of time. Ability to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear and have the ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities of close vision, distance vision and adjust focus. Ability to frequently taste or smell. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is usually loud.
THIS IS A SALARIED POSITION