About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Responsible for the district functions of sales and field operations. Provide strategic and operational leadership for assigned area of business. Develop and execute clearly defined business strategies and associated plans designed to enhance market share, profitability, and productivity within assigned district.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develop and establish both annual and monthly sales objectives in alignment with the company's business plan and strategies. Prepares an annual sales plan, providing necessary and timely updates, revisions and modifications to the plan. Develops sales strategies, techniques, and tactics based on feedback from customers, regional leadership, sales management, and vendors.
- Achieves sales and operations results according to the company's overall business and strategic plans. Drives innovative and integrated sales and operations initiatives in partnership with the business unit president and other members of the senior management team.
- Works closely with marketing, advertising, regional leadership and sales management to develop pricing strategies and sales campaigns. Communicates with customers to assess satisfaction level with services/products.
- Develops and implements performance metrics and measures to assess team and individual performance levels. Creates processes and incentives to ensure high levels of performance. Serves as escalation point for any customer issue.
- Develops and implements training programs and ensures commitment to long-term development of associates. Collaborates with customers, sales unit, operations and HR to establish effective programs.
- Designs, implements, and manages processes to monitor sales and operational performance. Assess sales managers and team productivity. Inspires others with drive and motivation to sell aggressively.
- Interact with the senior leadership team and department heads to ensure the company's operational and sales priorities are aligned with the total company direction.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Technology. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years sales and operations experience in industrial distribution or construction supply with a high-volume, multi-site, multi-state business.
- Five years experience leading and directing managers of senior account managers.
- Proven experience as a valued contributor to the leadership team in strategically supporting a business through rapid growth and/or change.