MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH TOP 3 INVENTORY COMPANIES
The District Manager may delegate a smaller portion of his authority to other qualified personnel, but does not relinquish his/her responsibility/ownership. The position is primarily a field position and not necessarily an office position. His or her primary function is to provide oversight and “hand on” intervention of all field operations while administering corporate policies.
- Oversight and ownership for day to day operations.
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision.
- MUST attend all inventories in various times of the day and night based no customer needs.
- Ensure all district personnel are fluent in inventory mechanics, amiable in nature, self-motivated and in line with company standards, practices and goals.
- Instill and maintain field equipment and company vehicles.
- Control all expenses using business plans and projecting ROI.
- Track and maintain field equipment and company vehicles.
- Complete daily/weekly office duties assigned by upper management, and all other tasks as assigned, as needed.
- Train team members on proper customer service, inventory controls, and communications skills; address team members performance issues; identify and develop promo-table team members.
Physical Job Requirements
- 4-8 hours on average (we commit to being on site until job completion) of stepping up on step stools, kneeling, standing, and stooping down to count merchandise from top to bottom shelves. (It is not permitted to sit on step stools).
- Frequent reaching and stretching to view merchandise. (Duration varies based n customer type.)
- Step stools must be lifted off the floor and carried, not dragged, from location to location.
- Accurately counting inventory at grocery stores, retail stores or warehouses. Entering data into a handheld data collection device (10-key data entry) accompanied by a handheld scanner.
Attend/run inventories start to finish, minimum of 35 hours per week
- Enforce all company policies and procedures utilizing the most resent updates provided by Headquarters.
- Maintains a positive attitude, demonstrating passion, optimism, and a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Pre- inventory calls contacts/calls with schedules stores 1-2 weeks out. Provide contact information and answer any questions/concerns from store management. Resolve and confirm resolutions with store manager as needed.
- Review previous week’s projections for goal results. Empower team through positive feedback and constructive solutions for improvement.
- Transport team members to and from inventories when necessary.
- Ensure district’s need for people, equipment, supplies and transportation's are in place for next six months deployment.
- Scheduling of accounts and staff to maximize execution.
- Monitor and improve performance of all team members on a weekly basis.
- Hire, train and motivate auditors to meet district needs.
PICS Inventory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer