Walter USA in Ohio has an opening for a
District Manager – Ohio
Walter is seeking an experienced District Manager specializing in Cutting Tools Sales. The qualified individual will possess proven sales management skills and a technical background in Mechanical Engineering and the cutting tool industry.
Key performance areas
The District Manager position will report to the Director of Sales – East Zone. This position is responsible for managing the sales performance of the area and demonstrate Engineering Kompetenz in the market place. This position will drive team and individual performance by setting targets and objectives developed from Engineering Kompetenz profiles. This position will manage the talent in the Ohio sales area through use of their Engineering Kompetenz. Individual must have ability to attract, retain, and develop individuals. Finally, this position is responsible for financial planning, target setting, and stakeholder management to ensure company strategy is achieved.
Additionally, the District Manager position will:
- Manage sales in the area by planning and monitoring sales through analysis of sales market data to execute plans and facilitate sales growth to reach targets
- Support direct report Field Sales Engineers (FSEs) by joint customer visits and negotiations with strategic customers. Sponsor & coordinate with stakeholder’s large projects that cross functional boundaries
- Manage customer’s portfolios by assigning activities related to sales channels, geographic territories, and industry focus
- Drive performances of FSEs with focus on Engineering Kompetenz in sales activities to achieve sales targets
- Develop FSE knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors that demonstrate Engineering Kompetenz in the marketplace by coaching, dialogues, constructive feedback and acting as role model
- Within approved limits, make decisions on discounts and net prices in conjunction with FSEs.
You should possess a university degree in Mechanical Engineering or business administration with technical focus, or an advanced technical (A.S.) degree. Must have several years of proven, effective experience marketing and selling industrial cutting tools. Demonstrate well-developed computer skills to complete data analysis and prepare professional presentations. Profile should include experience working independently from home or virtual office environment as an independent, self-directed, results-oriented sales professional traveling a significant amount of time.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical coherences (connection of technology to solutions)
- Ability to understand company’s market and own organizations economic coherences
- The ability to drive performance in the organization through people
- The ability to lead people and organizations through phases of change
- The ability to establish and maintain healthy working relations and partnership with key stakeholders
- The ability to negotiate successfully
- The ability to give effective presentations in front of diverse audiences
Walter USA, LLC. offers a highly competitive performance-based compensation program and generous benefit package that includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.walter-tools.com to apply for the District Manager – Ohio position, JOB Req. ID # R0012326.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.