Since 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the pursuit of better – a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Our goal has been to offer the best coffees in the world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and mission. Our Café Peetniks are passionate about our customers, our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee. Join us!
We are looking for a District Leader for the Marin / Bay Area.
The District Leader's core purpose is to build, lead and inspire a team to execute upon Peet's service, quality and operational standards and to achieve all financial targets within the individual café locations throughout their district. They are responsible for setting clear expectations for execution and building and developing a high-performing team of Café Managers and Peetniks.
In addition to modeling Peet's culture and values and following policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The District Leader is responsible for creating an engaged and high performing team through coaching and direction. This includes:
- Modeling Peet's values, culture and leadership behaviors
- Setting clear objectives and holding teams accountable to high performance expectations
- Regularly providing constructive feedback and coaching to direct reports
- Creating compelling development plans and career opportunities for direct reports and high potential leaders
- Leading and inspiring a rich culture of execution, training, development and high-performance
The District Leader is responsible for overall execution in their cafes through daily operational excellence. This includes:
- Placing the right people in the right roles
- Ensuring proper position training across the region
- Implementing Peet's Playbook (policies, procedures and operational standards) and maintaining a high level of execution against these standards
- Leading the execution of product and brand initiatives
- Driving exceptional customer service including friendliness, cleanliness, speed of service and drink quality
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the trade area to build relationships and drive revenues
The District Leader is responsible for creating a profitable district where all productivity, sales, people and financial targets are met. This includes:
- Clearly communicating expectations for performance standards
- Delivering positive sales, traffic and profit results for both existing and new cafés
- Delivering against established customer feedback metrics
- Attaining employee training, development and turnover targets
- Ensuring brand initiatives are implemented and performing to set targets
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have at least three years previous multi-unit management experience within the premium service or food industry, or, equivalent related experience and training.
- Possess proven ability to grow sales while providing exceptional customer service.
- Show demonstrated ability to identify and delegate tasks appropriately so cafés operate profitably and team members grow.
- Have experience in recruiting and employee development, including the development of Assistant Café Managers to Café Managers.
- Have the ability to travel locally and nationally and to work a variety of hours to support business needs, including occasional evenings and weekends.