Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global industrial company – a company of enduring substance since 1843 that is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you’re seeking to bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive, collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates performance excellence and innovation – join us.
The District Operations Manager is responsible for managing the operations teams within the assigned geographic area and designated district location(s). The DOM is responsible for deploying tactics delivering best in class customer service, employee development, operations partnership with National & Core Sales, and key metrics for Install and Service.
District Operations Manager’s provide daily leadership, delivery of Stanley Security vision, problem resolution, and staff management and team development. DOM’s are responsible for driving continuous improvement, with a strong focus on customer service, organic growth, and accountability for branch performance, financial metrics, and Stanley Standard field metrics.
- Recruit and retain high performing teams, contributing to district efforts to source, hire, train and develop talent to drive branch success.
- Lead effective labor utilization and deployment across all resources ensuring maxim productivity and profitability.
- Ensure branch leadership has the tools, metrics, and understanding of these resources to achieve branch staff effectiveness, inventory accuracy, customer service optimization, and productivity goals.
- Review work order packets to ensure that the system design and scope are accurate to meet the clients’ application.
- Communicate and follow through with customers and district personnel on the status of installations. Work directly with Project Managers on problem resolution, on-site scheduling of work activities, and timely delivery of equipment and milestones to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promptly address customer issues and complaints that have escalated, and work with district personnel to develop solutions to resolve issues timely and effectively to foster a customer- focused workplace.
- Execute the overall P&L performance goals, metrics, and budget of district branches. Takes appropriate steps and course corrections to ensure activities drive accountability and ownership of goal achievement.
- Take ownership for driving, institutionalizing and sustaining the Stanley Standards. Follow our SBD Organization & People Review process (OPR 2.0) consistently promoting that People Matter to our success.
- Ensure the district leadership team understands, enforces, communicates and is overall accountable to the EH&S safety program to promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment and reduce workplace accidents and injuries.
- Audit district employee timecards utilizing tools available (Kronos, GPS, policy) to ensure district leaders are appropriately monitoring for accuracy and compliance to any applicable state wage, shift, meal and break laws.
- Maintain company property and documentation in accordance with established policies, handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner, and adhere to and support Stanley Black & Decker and Stanley Electronic Security policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- 30% - 40% Regular travel required throughout district geography and occasionally other US locations based upon business requirements.
- Vocational/Technical degree in aligned area of study (Business, Computers, electronics, engineering, computer networking etc.)
- Any State mandated requirements outlined by the licensing department.
- Valid state driver’s license without restrictions meeting FLEET requirements for driving eligibility.
- 10+ years managing and motivating a team
- 5+ or more years’ experience in the electronic security industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related degree.
- Technical certifications: Lenel, Pro-Watch, Genetic, Milestone and Software House
- PMP Certification
- 10+ years of multi-unit, multi-branch management experience
- 5+ years of technical experience in the electronic security industry installing, programming and/or servicing on-site security systems in a commercial/ construction setting.
- Experience using SAP, SBN or other related ERP
- Experience with an online performance management system
- Possess an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these to cost containment in managing projects
- Excellent planning, coordination and scheduling skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects
- Be technically adept and have experience with common Microsoft Office, web-based systems and conferencing/video technology.