Work Location : Oregon, IL
Functional Area : Sales
Number of Openings : 1
Current Openings :
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional opportunity.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for managing dealer activities within a specified area to develop a sustainable dealer organization capable of achieving Woods’ growth objectives. Activities will include achieving sales objectives, signing new dealers, developing existing dealers, market representation, implementing sales strategies, dealer support programs, training, advertising and promotion, reporting, and account administration.
Location: This position will work remotely out of a home office in territory- Michigan
- Develop and Manage Direct Sales (55%)
- Develop and maximize sales of Woods Ag and Turf products.
- Develop and execute a business plan to achieve short and long term territory growth objectives.
- Recruit new dealers/customers and improve and strengthen relationships and volume with current dealers/customers.
- Develop and maintain a structured plan for scheduling visits to dealers.
- Maintain contact with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and keep the RSM aware of plans/successes/concerns.
- Work with Ag & Turf Credit Department to manage/support payment from dealers when necessary.
- Maintain 100% compliance with Woods dealer inventory audit policy.
- Develop strong customer relationships through knowledge, support, and services.
- Use pickup truck and trailer as needed to move inventory from dealer to dealer as needed to fill customer needs and manage dealer inventory.
- Achieve sales and unit targets.
- Promote product knowledge and use (25%)
- Demonstrate products at customer locations, job sites, trade shows, and as requested or needed.
- Effectively and efficiently educate, train, and promote the company’s products, programs and specials to dealers.
- Maintain accountability for keeping current with product knowledge and, if necessary, actively seek advice from the RSM or other team members to keep updated on products, programs, and policies.
- Participate in farm shows and other events to support, promote, and represent the AG & Turf business.
- Liaison between company and customer (10%)
- Handle customer problems and complaints.
- Direct visits by various levels of management to desired field and product locations.
- Optimize the coordination and management of customer feedback.
- Territory Reporting (10%)
- Maintain CRM tool with accurate up-to-date dealer information, appointments, contact information, call reports, weekly reports, and any other necessary information.
- Record and submit qualifying travel expenses within the company policy as outlined in the current copy of the “Expense Report Procedures” and maintain the company vehicle reimbursement program as outlined by the company.
- Education: BS/BA in Business, Agriculture, Marketing or a related field, or equivalent work related experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years successful proven sales track record.
- Technical knowledge of the farming industry & farm equipment; Ag & Turf industry & equipment
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to develop new and creative ideas and bring value to brainstorming settings
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with others
- Comfortable with a variety of concepts, complexity and able to see the big picture
- Able to manage expenses and expense control
- Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
- Creative thinker
- Set a good example of personal integrity
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes
- Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Willingness and desire to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and CRM software
- Able to operate remotely from a home office setting
- Residence or quick access to territory is required
- Available to travel as required – 90%; eligible for domestic and international travel up to two weeks duration
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Military Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Merchandise Discounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development