Hayward Industries is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment, with strong markets in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Australia and over 60 other countries. Our success with innovative new products and new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of areas.
For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to customers’ needs and builds in innovation during the design and manufacturing process. The corporate goal is to become the around the world brand of choice for residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
The company, which has built its brand on innovation, energy-efficiency, safety and reliability, includes such brands asOmniLogic®,EcoStar®,TriStar®,Super Pump®,ColorLogic®,CAT Controllers®,AquaRite®andNavigator® Pro.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation. For consideration please apply on-line at http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com /
Based in San Diego, CA, manages sales activities of the organization in a specific geographic area personally by performing the following duties. As a District Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing new customers and driving sales throughout the territory. You will support key pool builders/dealers/distributors and work closely with the Hayward Industries sales and service forces in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on distributors, dealers, builders, OEM's and prospective customers to obtain new business and expand existing business.
- Advises dealers, distributors concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes market trends and sales data to assist dealers in sales promotions for present and future business.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and explains features and attributes and advantages over competition.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer requirements, volume potential, competitive pricing.
- Develops sales campaigns to achieve goals of company.
- Represents Company at trade shows and association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates between customer service, technical service, engineering and other departments as appropriate.
- Controls expenditures of personal geographic district to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Provides input and implements annual sales plan for the territory, including sales strategy, to maximize return from the territory's assigned accounts/geographic area and to meet the territory's sales quotas established by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive list and profile of key accounts and contacts (direct and non-direct) in a computerized database program such as overquota.
- Prepares monthly progress reports, monthly itinerary, weekly call reports and weekly expense reports in a timely manner and submits to Regional Sales Manager.
- May be responsible for the training and management of sales trainees, sales representatives, and territory sales managers.
Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager or Vice President of Sales
A sustained level of sales achievement, a broad knowledge of swimming pool equipment, and complete knowledge of the organizations policies and products. Working knowledge of electronic chlorine generation, and solar, gas and electric heaters is a plus. Familiarity with automated control systems, basic electricity, plumbing hydraulics and/or water chemistry is a plus.
Personal computer skills and mechanical capability is essential. Must also possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive long distances and travel by plane.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.