Are you a people person who loves solving problems? Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for delivering a fantastic experience for customers and associates while achieving the financial results. A District Manager sets out to inspire and develop the future leaders of the organization while setting clear expectations. To be successful in this role, they will need to create a productive working atmosphere in our stores. This leader will cover markets in St. Louis and Chicago.
Essential Functions (not all inclusive):
* Direct and coordinate activities involving sales and services while focusing on delivering an exceptional customer experience
* Support and lead retail stores to execute high level of merchandising standards
* Monitor reports to forecast sales, margin and expenses; develop effective ways to fill gaps in performance.
* Recruit, interview, select, hire, and promote associates
* Provide guidance and direction and coaching to associates to help improve, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and conducting performance evaluations
* Oversee and develop district, managers, and associates while creating a highly collaborative environment built on passion, respect, and integrity
* Handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
* Perform other related duties as required
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills, Experience and Education:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, or equivalent experience
* Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance.
* 7 years of relevant work experience with in-depth knowledge of retail business processes
* 3 years of experience leading teams
* Skilled proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* 5+ years' experience in retail store management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled