The District Sales Manager works with independent distributors and the Rain Bird Regional Manager to develop sales plans and strategies that ensure sales growth and market share improvement across all assigned territories.
- The District Sales Manager is responsible for profitably growing product and service sales for use in golf industry applications.
- The District Sales Manager will have a successful track record managing distribution to grow sales and experience using CRM to manage the sales pipeline.
- This role will work effectively at various customer levels to educate, justify, and successfully sell customized irrigation systems to new and existing golf courses.
- A successful candidate will be technically competent, a sound presenter, results-oriented, highly self-motivated, and ideally will have experience with irrigation systems.
- The District Sales Manager must be comfortable working with owners, operators, green committees, golf architects, consultants, contractors, developers, and superintendents. In doing so, a District Sales Manager will use a “solution based” approach, analyzing irrigation needs in order to provide a solution that includes the right mix of Rain Bird products, finance options, and after-the-sale technical support packages for their golf course(s).
- This position also requires close coordination and contact with the Regional Manager, Specification Managers, and National Account Managers in the identification and support of customers who represent the greatest areas of opportunity. For instance, the District Sales Manager will assist the Regional Manager in the development and training of distributor personnel so that the distributors can recognize needs and promote Rain Bird products in the golf irrigation system proposals.
- BA or BS Degree
- 3-5 years successful sales or territory sales management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Working knowledge of personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM)
- Ability host and lead sales meetings on virtual platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Willing to live in assigned territory while traveling extensively
- MBA Degree
- Industrial, technical, or engineering sales experience
- Strong desire to advance into Product Management or Sales Management
- Working knowledge of irrigation design, installation, repair, and product application
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.