Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Earth City, MO, US
Location details: Can sit anywhere in CO, KS, NE, IA, MO or IL
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: [[city]], Missouri (US-MO)
Location details:Can sit anywhere in CO, KS, NE, IA, MO or IL
With the Demag brand we are one of the world's leading suppliers of industrial cranes, crane components and comprehensive service. We offer our customers a complete range of cranes, handling equipment and drives for every application - optimized by comprehensive sales and service support. The Demag crane experts always focus on the benefits for our customers - the greatest possible availability, optimum performance and maximum efficiency and reliability.
POSITION TITLE: District Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Division Manager
Demag Cranes & Components is seeking a strategic sales individual to join our team as a District Sales Manager for the Midwest Territory. In this role, you will develop and implement a selling plan to cover your assigned territory. This developed plan will entail attaining orders received and key objectives established annually within defined budget and time requirements.
- Develops full technical knowledge of company products with the ability to assist architectural firms, engineering firms and end users with developing specifications, application solutions and equipment selection.
- Secures and trains to self-sufficiency sales entities (i.e., Dealers and Distributors, in designed marketing areas within his/her district).
- Builds increased share of market by developing and implementing a comprehensive training program for new Dealer and Distributor sales people and establishing Demag brand preference.
- Develops direct and/or referred new business through active programs with key accounts and target market.
- Attainment of new order objectives for each product group represented through market and customer analysis, strong selling techniques, well planned calls, follow-up of sales leads, and well organized and efficient account development and maintenance.
- Operates within established guidelines and requires approval from the Divisional Manager for deviations from established policies in the area of pricing and conditions of sales. The District Manager recommends for management approval, appointment or termination of accounts.
- Submits reports (i.e., monthly forecasts, quotation summary, crane activity, bi-weekly itineraries, expense reports, lost quotations, etc. to the Divisional Manager on a timely basis).
- Maintains best account relations possible, both on a business and social level with complete integrity. Utilizes CRM to maximize sales opportunities.
- Attend and participate in local and national trade shows to promote Company offerings as requested.
- Keeps abreast of competitor's products and marketing capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience in sales to industrial accounts. Prior experience working with Material Handling Equipment dealers and distributors preferred.
OTHER EXPERIENCE: Must be willing to work independently within own territory and make decisions based on business need. Must have a desire to be successful and grow in a world class organization with a commitment to excellence, superior relationship building and collaborative capabilities.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in in a technical field required. Prior experience in technical positions including sales will be considered in lieu of formal degree.
*DEMAG #monus #cbus #nxt
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
$0 - $0 /year
Retail Store Manager / Supervisor
Retail Store Manager / Supervisor
What this is