Division or Field Office:
Indiana Branch Office
Department of Position: Field Operations Department
Home in IN
At Erie Insurance, you're not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you're also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia. To attract and retain the best talent, we reward our team members with competitive salaries and a very generous benefits package.
Recruits, trains and guides assigned Agents in matters of sales, underwriting and re-underwriting, profitability, agency management and related matters. Serves as a company representative in maintaining favorable Policyholder relationships. Interacts with, supports, coaches and motivates Agents.
- This is a remote, work from home position.
- A company car will be provided.
- The hiring manager will also consider candidates for Sr. District Sales Manager. Level of position offered will be based upon the depth and breadth of selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
- The candidate will ideally live in and service western, central Indiana and/or surrounding areas.
- Candidates with recruiting/talent acquistion experience are preferred to help build our agency force!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, presents and sells the ERIE Agency Career to prospective Agents and producers. Selects, hires, trains, and develops new independent Agents to become self-supporting and viable company representatives.
- Influences ERIE's independent Agents to sell ERIE products and services. Provides training on products, underwriting, servicing and Agency operations. Oversees the handling of Policyholder, Agent and claimant complaints and inquiries. Works with branch manager to quickly address underperforming Agents, holding them accountable for minimum contractual performance.
- Develops and maintains subject matter expertise of ERIE's commercial, personal, and life products, IT tools, and resources for sales. Supports efforts to ensure that approved underwriting and technology tools, policies, plans and objectives are clearly understood and effectively managed throughout the district. Accountable for providing local level input rate reviews.
- Serves as Agent's direct link to the company. Acts as a field underwriter in inspecting and authorizing the binding of coverage on extraordinary property and casualty risks within binding authority limits. Works with branch and home office staff to resolve Agent's sales and customer service problems.
- Serves as the company's direct link to ERIE Agencies. Provides our independent Agents with ongoing and timely communications regarding new initiatives and changes to current initiatives. Implements customer service, marketing, sales and underwriting best practices at the Agency level. Sponsors and manages all sales contests, promotions and incentives at the district and Agency level.
- Serves as a licensed, non-commission company Agent proficient in selling ERIE products and services to customers and prospects.
- Serves as the Agent's knowledge broker. Maintains and applies a current knowledge of trends and latest developments in the industry. Assists independent Agents and their staff in the process of identifying and solving all Agency level sales and marketing problems and opportunities.
- Utilizes best practices for time management and business planning. Develops and implements Agency and district level business plans and budgets to achieve long and short-term goals and objectives. Achieves annual P/C and EFL sales objectives, profitability goals and long-term market share targets.
- Utilizes best practices for managing new and experienced Independent Agents. Participates with the branch manager or designee in assessing Agency performance trends and results. Conducts one-on-one reviews of Agent's underwriting, re-underwriting, profitability and compliance results and partners with the Agent to implement corrective action as necessary.
The first 5 duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become evident.
Cultivates Innovation (Leader)
Decision Quality (Leader)
Customer Focus (Leader)
Develops Talent (Leader)
Drives vision and purpose (Leader)
Ensures Accountability (Leader)
Instills Trust (Leader)
Nimble Learning (Leader)
Plans and Aligns (Leader)
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional (
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Nearest Major Market: Lafayette
Job Segment: Sales Management, Underwriter, Claims, Testing, Sales, Insurance, Technology