Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
OPORTUN is currently seeking qualified candidates with deep Customer Service, Sales leadership experience to create a rewarding and unique customer service experience for our customers and team members. As a key member of our team, you will make the mission of Oportun come to life by managing a diverse team who educates our customers about our inclusive, affordable financial services that empower them to build a better future. This role is about turning corporate strategy into an amazing sales and service culture driving Growth, Accountability and Service excellence.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Servant Leadership management style with the ability to deliver a best-in-class client experience.
- Manage multiple store locations to ensure that your stores meet or exceed all sales and production, customer service and quality goals.
- Recruit, train, and coach a successful sales team to achieve specific sales and services goals for the region.
- Meet regularly to develop your team and discuss day-to-day operations, upcoming events, promotions, and training.
- Participate in community events, side by side with your teams, to serve as an ambassador for Oportun’s brand.
- Be a role model for Oportun’s Core Values: Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment
- Manage employee relations issues and concern with urgency and with care, in partnership with HRBPs
- Ensure safe working conditions for employees in partnership with retail security
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Minimum of three years of retail financial services and multi-site store management.
- Proven track record of sales and service performance
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Position may require travel