At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The District Service Manager is responsible for providing exceptional Customer service, leadership and talent management to a full-service District, with revenue of up to $8 MM; owns the growth and profitability of the District, identifying new business opportunities and proactively presenting service product offerings to Customers; utilizes strong leadership skills to attain or exceed established business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manages P&L for the District. Owns operating income and revenue attainment in the District. Develops financial forecasts and tracks financial performance to ensure profitability. Implements protocols and procedures as required ensuring cost effective delivery of service quality. Delivers targeted financial performance for the District.
- Recommends and/or approves purchases of equipment, parts supply, etc. for assigned District. Ensures proper maintenance and calibration of tools, test equipment, and other related assigned equipment.
- Partners with capital, consumable and service Account Managers to drive sales and service revenue and maximize STERIS overall profitability. Seeks and secures new business within the District.
- Owns Customer satisfaction and represents service in critical Customer meetings, sales opportunities, and resolution of escalations that require the presence of a leader.
- Assures quality of the Customer experience through efficient deployment of resources, frequent Customer contact, and adherence to Corporate and Service quality initiatives. Proactively resolves Customer concerns and ensures Customer satisfaction through quality field service processes that maximize technician productivity and efficiency.
- Communicates and enforces current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment. Manages District adherence to fleet safety and auto maintenance programs Ensures STERIS is represented in a safe and professional manner while at Customer sites.
People, Tools and Technology
- Leads a geographically dispersed service team. Owns talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer business expectations are met. Monitors and manages employee performance during field visits. Provides feedback, coaching and timely performance discussions and appraisals. Consistently sets expectations of performance for District and Region which includes frequent communication of milestones.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts as a liaison between Company and the field to be a conduit for positive and constructive feedback.
Required Education / Experience
Required Education / Experience
With a Bachelor's Degree - in business, engineering or related field and a minimum eight (8) years in a management role or equivalent/progressive experience in STERIS.
In lieu of above degree, a minimum 12 years of increased field management responsibilities, leadership, and an established track record of success. This will be a rare acceptable exception.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional Customer service in a business environment.
Specific Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage a profitable business unit. Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze complicated financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems. Ability to gather and analyze data, propose solutions and develop action plans to address.
- Demonstrated ability to apply process improvement methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively lead a team and respond to customers.
- Team player and demonstrated professionalism, with ability to remain positive in difficult situations.
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft applications, intranet, and reporting tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with minimal moving violations.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.