Job Title: District Service Manager
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Provides exceptional Customer service, leadership and talent management to a full service district by driving a Customer First culture. Responsible for the growth and profitability of the district by driving service revenue and sale partnerships with annual revenue value of $3M - $6M. Develops a high performing service team that drives Customer Satisfaction and revenue growth. Recruit, train, develop and retain top talent; manage talent appropriately to ensure team stability and success. Ensures all safety protocols and requirements are adhered to at all times; drives a culture of safety. Attains or exceed established business objectives, utilizing strong leadership skill to motivate and lead the combined efforts of the service team. Effectively deploys STERIS resources in the best interests of our stakeholders (shareholders, employees, Customers).
- Owns Customer Satisfaction and revenue attainment in the district. Develops financial forecasts and tracks financial performance to ensure profitability of service business. Builds Customer relationships and represents service in critical Customer meetings, sales opportunities, and in resolution of escalations that requires the presence of a leader.
- Assure quality of the Customer experience through efficient deployment of resources, frequent Customer contact, and adherence to Corporate and Service quality initiatives. Ensure Customer satisfaction through quality field service processes that maximize technician productivity and efficiency. Includes proactively identifying customer needs and timely escalation of issues to Service Engineering or Area Vice Presidents as appropriate with recommended solutions.
- Enforce current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment, auto maintenance programs, and other polices as required. Ensure STERIS is represented in a professional manner while at Customer sites. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed service team. Owns talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer business expectations are met. Monitors and manages employee performance during field visits. Provides feedback, coaching and timely performance discussion and appraisals.
- Executes disciplinary action as required within the assigned territory. Acts as a liaison between company and the field to be a conduit for positive and constructive feedback. Consistently sets expectations of performance for District and Region which includes frequent communication of milestones.
- Working with technicians, responsible for maximizing service contracts within assigned area to drive success. Maintain intimate knowledge of contract obligations to Customers and develop procedures to ensure timely execution. Motivate and educate technicians to play active role in providing sales leads and monitoring contract status. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties - cont'd
- Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to ensure profitability. Implement protocols and procedures as required ensuring cost effective delivery of service quality. Deliver targeted financial performance for the district.
- Completion of Customer needs analysis and the generation of solutions with quotes to meet the identified Customer needs. This includes negotiation, pricing, and renewal management for new and existing business. Work closely with Sales to facilitate capital, consumable, and service sales joint account planning to maximize the STERIS “Share of Wallet.” Works within the region to promote and secure new business. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attain or exceed established operational objectives through the combined efforts of the STERIS team. Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, and supervising technical personnel for assigned area in order to fully satisfy Customer’s service needs.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate submission of expense reports, time cards, service tickets, accounts payable, billing transmittals, and other administrative requirements as assigned by supervisor.
- Recommend and/or approve purchases of equipment, parts supply, etc. for assigned district. Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of tools, test equipment, and other related assigned equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
High School Diploma/GED required. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related technical field of study. Minimum 5 to 7 years in field service management role (managing virtually) leading field teams or equivalent/progressive experience in STERIS Field Service.
Skills and Business Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional Customer service in a business environment.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage a profitable business unit. Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze complicated financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems. Ability to gather and analyze data, propose solutions and develop action plans to address.
- Demonstrated ability to apply LEAN and process improvement methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft applications, intranet, and reporting tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with minimal moving violations.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Naperville
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Service Manager, Accounts Payable, Medical, District Manager, Engineer, Customer Service, Finance, Healthcare, Management, Engineering