- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with NAS Sales Team to ensure top line sales objectives are met. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace and work with NAS DM in providing direction during the strategic planning process. Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming with other districts to support multi-district customers and/or industries.
- Develop forwarding looking profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis. Responsible for procurement, efficient execution of services being offered / cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, managing receivables (works with credit department, resolves terms & condition issues with the contracts department, work with collections), and turn of backlog and projects
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district. Acts as a technical mentor and back up for field personnel.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Effectively manages diverse and dispersed field based workforce in assigned geographic territory, which may include multiple office locations. Responsible for office building issues. Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, North American sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff. Interfaces and coordinates with plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the assigned District.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Contribute to the division product/process improvement initiatives.
- Five years of experience in managing and leading a service or engineering unit or seven years of management experience in another field.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage a fiscal entity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
- Incumbent must be a proven leader with strong decision making skills.
- Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
- Handles pressures well.
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions.
- Additional experience in the development of incremental business opportunities in the Industrial, Utility, Government, and Institutional markets is a plus.
- Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- Developing and implementing growth plans and conducting competition/ market analysis to drive product development efforts.
- Developing and executing tactical and strategic plans to support the DOC’s goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage a fiscal entity
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.