Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
We have rewarding opportunities for experienced culinary professionals to provide leadership and subject matter expertise to community leadership teams geared toward ensuring each community meets or exceeds performance expectations and resident satisfaction goals. Successful individuals are confident decision-makers, highly practiced in customer satisfaction (internal & external) and business and financial management, skilled at motivating a team and implementing new processes and programs, and great communicators.
- Manage the community kitchen and provide meal service in the absence of a Community Executive Chef.
- Evaluate the food program, enhance the culinary knowledge of the staff, ensure Holiday procedures are being followed, establish work plans for the kitchen and confirm that assigned communities are 100% compliant with all required guidelines to ensure clean, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Responsible for evaluating, hiring, coaching, and, if necessary, discharging the kitchen staff.
- Ensure food orders are placed following Holiday ordering process and manage to the community’s food & labor budget.
- Motivate, inspire, train, and coach community team to implement Holiday’s dining vision and exceed performance targets.
- Create a culture of service by ensuring community teams understand their business, can deliver superior service, and abide by all company processes, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as a catalyst for integrating process improvements, leading and championing tactical implementation of enhancements and/or changes. Able to inspire and motivate others to drive improvements.
- Ensure full compliance and effectiveness of the HACCP (Food Safety) program.
- Implement and monitor culinary strategies that enhance profitability for the organization.
- Completes all required reports, logs, and conducts culinary and sanitation evaluations on a regular basis with timely follow-up (ensuring Sarbanes Oxley compliance).
- Travel is extensive and required (up to 90%)
- ServSafe certified
- Requires a minimum 5 years progressive management experience: Coaching and mentoring kitchen staff and running a full service kitchen
- Successful P&L and budgetary management; exceptional organizational and time management skills
- HACCP Certification
- Self-starter, capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team in a diverse environment with highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Computer literacy with Office Suite
Holiday Retirement is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories according to state and local laws.
Req ID: 68220